Through the Stockport Family, we work closely with local agencies. This means that we are able to access and signpost our families to many different areas of support. We have included some links below, but please ask if there is something else you need.
We also have termly drop-ins with our School Nurse and School Age Plus Worker. These can be arranged through the school office.
Understanding Your Child
The following courses are now free for residents of Stockport:
· Understanding your pregnancy, birth, labour and your baby
· Understanding your baby (0-12 months)
· Understanding your child (0-19 years)
· Understanding your child with additional needs
· Understanding your teenager’s brain
· Understanding your brain (course for teenagers)
The courses above are for anyone playing an active role in a child’s life, up until they are 19 – this could be mothers, fathers, partners, carers, professionals of all kinds, grandparents, other family and involved friends.
Created by experts, the courses are proven to improve emotional wellbeing and the relationships between parents and children.
Anyone in Stockport can join the courses for free by following these simple instructions:
- Visit the Our Place website
- Use the access code: REDROCK
- You will be asked to create an account so that you can resume the course where you last left off.
- You will also be asked to verify your postcode to make sure that you’re a Stockport resident.
Cost of Living/Finances
Adult Mental Health
Safe Haven drop-in at
72-74 Prince’s Street, SK1 1RJ
(Mon to Fri 10am to 8pm; Sat to Sun 12 to 8pm)
Phone: 0161 549 9717